[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Administrative Note: When you are on vacation

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Thu Jul 24 06:59:16 PDT 2003

The mail box you have at each of your servers has a certain limited
capacity.  Once it is full, the messages bounce back to the sender.  If you
pick them up once a day or even once a week, there is usually no problem.

As administrator, every one of the ger-poland-volhynia messages that goes
out to a full mail box bounces back to me personally.  In this holiday
season, I am getting dozens a day.  I cannot simply ignore them.  I have to
read each one to determine whose email is bouncing and why.

Please - if you go on vacation for an extended period of time, put your
mailing list messages on hold.  You can put them on hold or reinstate them
by using the original subscription web page at
http://eclipse.sggee.org/mailman/listinfo/ger-poland-volhynia (use the
lowest options box to go to the specific page where this is done).

You do not have to miss messages while you are gone because you can always
view them on the archives page at
http://eclipse.sggee.org/pipermail/ger-poland-volhynia/

If I receive excessive bounced messages from a full mail box, I will put
your subscription on hold at this end.  When you get back from vacation,
you will probably wonder why you are no longer getting messages.  Since
your box is full, I cannot send you a warning message that I have done this.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  If you have any questions or
comments, please direct them to me personally rather than to the list.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html