[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EZAB holdings

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 6 07:25:09 PDT 2003

Sometimes one never does figure out why a particular record is missing.

One possible explanation is that, sometime after Marianna's birth, the
family moved to a neighbouring parish.  That might be where the couple
married but they then moved back to Lipno parish to raise their family.

My grandfather's birth record was missing for a long time.  I had births of
older and younger siblings in Gostynin parish but not his.  I finally went
browsing in some neighbouring parishes and sure enough, found his birth
there.  The family had moved there for about a 5 year period and then
returned to Gostynin.

There certainly are other possible explanations but this is one.

At 08:46 PM 01/06/2003 -0400, ednadill at aol.com wrote:
>They suggested that I look for the marriage
>record for Michal and Marianna's marriage in the birthplace or residence of
>Marianna since it was common practice to be married in the brides
>hometown.  Does
>anyone agree with that statement?  I think I found a birth for Marianna
>Muller in
>the FHL film #0714862 from the Lipno parish 1863-1865, the villiage listed
>was Lipiny.  Can anyone make sense of this situation?  If Lipiny was
>listed in
>the Lipno films and the EZAB suggested to look in the brides hometown, why
>wouldn't it be listed within the Lipno, Rippin areas?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca