[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Area around Novograd Volhynsk

Richard Benert benovich at montanadsl.net
Sat Jun 28 19:13:16 PDT 2003

Good question, Virginia.  My father got out in 1911 with the aid of a Jewish
"smuggler".   He told the story only once, and at the time I wasn't into
writing things down, so I only remember the part about being told, when
almost at the border at night, to head for some lights in a farm house.  It
would be interesting to know how organized this "underground" was.  It must
have operated over the course of a good many years.  I, too, would be
delighted if anyone knows anything about this.

Dick Benert