[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Place Names near Radom, Poland

John Faunt jfaunt at thefourjays.com
Wed Aug 11 19:14:18 PDT 2004

Hello again,

I justed wanted to thank all that responded to my query. It is nice to
have such a knowledgable group of people to help with stuff like this.

Also, I have a couple of comments.

>The village Grabina located 13 km in the South of Radom.
>The map H36 ("Karten des westlichen Russland", 1915) show this
>village with 12 houses.

Gerhard, is this your personal map or is it on the internet?

> The only possible fit in the region seems to be Pludnica, about 20 km
> S of Radom but the ending is not quite right.

Pludnica seems to be the only village that is even close in name.
Also, if the Grabina above is the correct village, then these two
would be relatively close to each other.

> And once again I agree with Gerhard.  There are several places in
> the region where Wola acts as a prefix adjective to a place name.
> While it can stand alone, I do not see that in this region.

After I sent this email, I remembered that one of the children of this
couple was found in the EWZ. He stated that his mother, Julianna
Wentland, which is the person that was born in Wola, was from
Pietrikau. If this is actually Piotrkow, I'm sure that there are many
places near it also that have Wola as part of its name.

Thanks,
John Faunt
Temperance, MI, USA
jfaunt at thefourjays.com