[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: St. Petersburg Ev. Luth. Church records

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 21 05:32:53 PDT 2004

The only complete set of available records post 1885 are the Roshischtsche
Parish records held in the Warsaw Archives.  It is relatively easy to get
info from there but there is some cost involved.  One big advantage of
these records - if you find the marriage record for August and Karoline, it
will state their dates and places of birth.

There are scattered Kantor books and other materials available in local
archives of Luck and Rowno as well.

If you know of any older siblings of Karl, you can track the family through
the on line St. Petersburg extractions available at the SGGEE website which
covers the years 1835-1885.  Roshischtsche Parish records for 1862-1870 are
microfilmed and available through the LDS Family History Centres.  Data
from detailed Volhynian records 1800-1842 or so is extracted and available
through member only accessible databases of SGGEE.

And finally, remember that prior to 1862, all Roshischtsche info will be
labelled as being from Zhitomir Parish records.

At 01:31 PM 20/08/2004, gloria wrote:
>I'm looking for records from St. Petersburg Ev. Lutheran Church, the baptismal
>records is what I need from 1830-1887. My grandfather was baptised there. I
>can't read German, I can make out some things on it, I know it was for the
>year of 1886. It also has the name of Roshischtsche Government Wolhynien on
>it. Can someone  help to find a website which could give me the records. The
>name I'm looking for is Doms, Karl and his father was August Doms and mother
>was Karoline L|ck.
>
>Gloria Domskie

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca