[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] new database and city map

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Jan 21 23:37:30 PST 2004

Hello list members,
recently, I found a large database of more than 100.000 Persons
emigrated to the pre-revolutionary Russia and their descendants. It
covers the population of Sankt Petersburg, Moscow and some other greater
cities (no Volhynian villagers) but might anyway be of interest for some
of our members. It ist the Amburger-Archiv of the "Osteuropa-Institut",
Munich University, www.lrz-muenchen.de/~oeihist/amburger.htm . I found
lots of relatives and their friends who lived in Sankt Petersburg in the
early 19th century. The mere list of persons and their code numbers is
in German, English and Russian, to be found at
www.lrz-muenchen.de/~oeihist/abfrag~1.htm .

Secondly, there is a new (?) and amazing detailed Russian atlas of city
maps (I tested Moscow and Sankt Petersburg) which provides every house
number and even the real building outlines at http://mirkart.ru/ .

Guenther Boehm
of Hilden, Germany