[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] (Ger-Poland-Volhynia) Marriage Age

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Thu Jul 1 19:13:51 PDT 2004

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me the average age of a male to marry?  I have found only one
Christian Haupt that fits facts I currently have.  Christian Haupt and
Wilhelmine Mincho married in 1890.  Wilhelmine was born in 1873 and was 17 when she
married.  The Christian Haupt birth records indicate that he was born in 1877.
 That would make him only 14 years old.
For this reason I have avoided making a connection between the two.  Would a
young boy of 14 marry a girl 3 years older.  They were living in the village
of Bubny/Glueckstal near Baranovka not far from Zhitomir.

Any thoughts on this subject?

Janice Schultz