[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynian villages - volunteers?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Jul 14 06:27:53 PDT 2004

Thanks for posting this, Guenther.

To assist in preventing the spread of viruses, our system accepts only
basic text.  Bold, underlining, etc. and special characters are not
posted.  That is why the Cyrillic did not appear correctly.

For the benefit of others reading this:  I have downloaded the document
which will be a lengthy one for anyone on a dialup connection.  It is
entirely in Russian Cyrillic.  If you are not familiar with transliterating
such text or if you don't know what your village name looks like in
Cyrillic, it won't be of much help to you.

If there are any volunteers who would be willing to do a transliteration to
Roman script, it would probably help us.  There are about 8 pages with 4
columns on each page -about 1086 line items.

At 12:22 PM 14/07/2004 +0200, GC<nther BC6hm wrote:
>Hello list members,
>I just found an Ukrainian listing (RTF file, 316 KB) of all Volhynian
>villages with their actual administrative assignments under
>www.rada.gov.ua/zakon/new/ADM/d33.rtf .
>
>If somebody can read the Ukrainian characters, he could copy the actual
>village names into a searching machine to find more information. As for
>instance I looked for the Village of Mankow (Ukrainian spelling
>PP0P=QP:QP2) and found it belonging to the village administration
>(QQP;QQQP:P0 QP0P4P0) of Kholopichi (P%P>P;P>P?P8QQ), rayon of Lokachi
>(PP>P:P0QP8P=QQP:P8P9 QP0P9P>P=):

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca