[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Haberkorn, Schmelcher (Schmeltzer), or Raminov

Gilda J. Patterson gilda.patterson at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 31 11:50:23 PDT 2004

I am looking for current residents of Maszewo Duze or Maszewo Male with the
surname of Haberkorn. My grandmother's sister Whilhelmina, married a
Haberkorn, and they were last known as residing in this area in 1945 as part
of the Polish Landowners from Germany.

My grandmother's maiden name was Olga Schmeltzer, who married Eduard Parat &
immigrated to Canada with their family (inclusive of my other Elza Parat) in
1927.

There is also a record of Schmelchers (perhaps a more anglicized version of
Schmeltzer) residing in the Neu-Sulzfeld & Ober-Wiaczin villages in 1945.
Perhaps relatives of my grandmother.

Also, my grandmother's mother's name was Elizabeth Raminov (Raminow). Is
anyone familiar with the surname of Raminov?

Thank you immensely,

Gilda Patterson
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA