[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Maps and dates of Russian Poland

Mary J Heard mjhawhjr at ktc.com
Mon Mar 22 09:49:33 PST 2004

Many thanks to all who contributed to the discussion on the maps, dates, and
jurisdictional changes in the area of western Poland.  I too, have been at a
loss in just trying to answer correctly the questions asked about my ancestors
for the database of our SGGEE organization.  This will help clear up some
confusion, at least in my own mind.

Now for my question.  Has anyone seen, or have they a map which shows the
small village of Gaci; if so, what map?  It should be very close to Prazuchy
which is about halfway between Kalisch and Turek.  Prazuchy is the location of
the Lutheran Church records for that area.  In those records I find the
records of the births, marriages and deaths of my Roll and Lucius (and etc.)
family members with the earliest entry being 1830 and the latest 1875.  The
villages of residence are recorded as Gaci and Zakrzyn.  Zakrzyn I can locate
but I am not finding Gaci.  Does anyone know, has the name changed or did it
have another name, did the village disappear, was it too small to be included
on any map, etc., etc.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Mary JKH

<mjhawhjr at ktc.com>