[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Introducing myself

JMPerl47 at aol.com JMPerl47 at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 05:14:28 PST 2004

I'm still rather confused by the history and geography but am reading your
emails and trying to learn. To be honest, I'm not sure my families are from the
areas this group covers. I'm rather new at genealogy and still digging for
information on the relatives roots.

But, just in case someone in the group recognizes any of the names, here are
my family connections:

1. Perlberg, William  b. 1846 in "Germany." He married Amelia Modrow who was
born 25 Feb 1844 in Greiffenberg, Brandenburg, Germany. Several of their
children were born in Germany. On her marriage record, one of their daughters
indicates she was born in Angermunde.

My uncle says they were from Stettin but I think he's incorrect and that
Stettin (now Szczecin, Poland) was where they got on the ship to come to America
in 1887 or 1888. One of my aunts said they owned a delicatessen prior to
leaving Germany.

2. Mueller, Wilhelm birth date unknown, born in "Germany." He married
Wilhelmina Middlestadt who was born 23 Feb 1824. Their children were born in Germany
and 2 of them indicate they were born in Dauer, Brandenberg. This family also
came over in the 1880's.

The Muellers are my husband's family so it's ironic that his line came from a
location so close to where mine came from.

3. The other lines in my husband's family are the Heinze family from
Dermsdorf and Barbara Sefferon or Efnarin or Effmaison from Bavaria. They married in
the U.S.A. in 1857 but I don't know when they came over. I'm at the proverbial
brick wall trying to find out her last name.

Thank you for the great discussions and if anyone has advice for me, I'd love
to hear it. Meanwhile, I'll keep reading and learning.

Jo Phillips