[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] cathloic

James Geike jageike at msn.com
Sun Mar 28 16:36:25 PST 2004

My paternal name GEIKE is so simple that even mispronunciatrions of it are
easily discernable. so can anyone shed some light on why my supposed Luthern
Grandfather August Geike, born in Zhitomir in1876 shoow up  in any of the St.
Pete films.
I have searched for my Geike grandfather and his parents records  using St.
Pete films. My grandmother was born in Rommansdorf, Grandpa in Zhitomir. Could
my lake of success be because they were Catholic ? Were there  ever Catholics
families mixed in with those   living in the above mentioned settlements so
this is why I can not find them listed in the St. Pete records .