[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prepaid Research through the Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Mar 29 21:13:19 PST 2004

 Barbara,

I also believe that Dick is correct about the archives wanting a wire
transfer to the bank.  We had a discussion about this awhile back and I
believe that we came to the conclusion that the Pekao Bank (head office
in Warsaw, and branches in quite a few places) was the cheapest way to
make money transfers.  I have never used them directly, but have had a
travel agency use them for me.  Take a look at
http://www.pekao.com.pl/tabele2a1.xml?/lang=US/402132-501497-41680

Try sending an email in English to

Mr. Franciszek Kalinski
Area Manager
USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia
tel: +48 22 656 04 85
fax: +48 22 656 04 53
e-mail: franciszek.kalinski at pekao.com.pl

I see also that the following banks in the USA are correspondent banks
with Pekao

USD
American Express Bank AEIBUS33 New York
The Bank of New York IRVTUS3N New York
JPMorgan Chase Bank CHASUS33 New York
Bank of America NA BOFAUS3N New York
Wachovia Bank NA PNBPUS3NNYC New York
Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas BKTRUS33 New York
Hellenic Bank Ltd. HEBACY2NAHDO Nicosia

and for Canada,

CAD

Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce CIBCCATT Toronto
Royal Bank of Canada ROYCCAT2 Toronto
The Bank of Nova Scotia NOSCCATT Toronto

Not sure exactly how a correspondent bank works, but since they have a
connection to Pekao, you should be able to make the transfer cheaper than
at another bank that is not a correspondent bank.

Gary Warner