[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] My grandfather, Wladyslaw Krawczyk's Russian Birth Record

kenneth krawczyk kenkraw at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 10 15:09:15 PST 2004

I was fortunate enough to see this message below, and thought maybe someone
may be able to help me with the translation of my grandfather, Wladyslaw
Krawczyk's birth record.  My Polish friend says it is written in old Russian
script, yet I can readily see several names that look like they are written
in Polish/English style.  My thought is that it might be a combination of
both.  I received this from the Polish Archives in Radom, and they said it
was in Russian.

I know a general translation of the document from my Polish friend, but
would like to know in detail what it says, as the Enisk? is mysterious, as
is the last names of the witnesses.  Here is what my friend says:

This is a birth certificate of Wladislaw Krawczyk,  1-Dec-1887, Garven
(Goryn).
It stated that his father is Joseph Krawczyk 45 years old.
There are 2 witnesses Jacob and Tomash (Thomas).
The boy was born from lawfull wife of Joseph, (Enisk?) Franciszka from
Bienkow (Bieniek),
36 years old.
He was baptised with name Wladislaw.  It also says he was born at 4 o'clock
in the morning.

I know there are translation services out there that could also do it, but I
thought there might be someone who could take a look at it (see attached).

Thanks,

Ken Krawczyk