[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re Vohlynian deportations

Posnsrch at aol.com Posnsrch at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 11:10:36 PDT 2005

Dick Stein,
I just joined this mailing list on a suggestion from another post-lister.
Your post in the archives (8 July 2004) was of interest to me.

1.
My grandmother's family came from Volhynia, Russia. I found their births,
marriages, etc on the jewishgen site a number of years ago. My grandmother's
brother's wife came from Lutsk. I can't find my jewishgen site that listed towns,
births, etc. Is that where you found your information, and if so, can you give
me the exact URL for that page?

2.
An 88  year old daughter states that it was Lutsk, POLAND. Looking at history
it states that Lutsk was in Russia until WWI same as Volynia. Any thoughts on
this?

3.
My grandmother's records are missing a number of "middle" children. How did
you find all the information that you have, since they moved from town to town?

Any advice, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Nellie.

your post:
I also have information of a Volhynian family who were not deported to
theeast during WW I.  The parents were both born, in 1892 and 1898, in KreisWladimir
about midway between Wladimir-Wolynski and Lutsk.  They married on15 February
1916 (yes, the year is 1916 on the document I have -Registration No. 15 in
1916 evangelisch-augsburgischen parish) in Lutsk (itis Luck, Russia on the
document).  The first child was born in April 1917 atGraudens, West Prussia.  The
next four children were born in Kreis Wladimir,Volhynia from 16 June 1918 to
April 1925.  Then five more children were bornin Kreis Gerdauen, which I believe
is in East Prussia, from January 1927 toMarch 1940.  I have encountered other
families who migrated in the 1920sfrom Polish Volhynia to East Prussia.
There must have been some incentivefor them to do so.The marriage document
indicates that the Lutheran parish in Lutsk, at least,continued to function after the
deportations.Dick Stein