[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: SGGEE - Volhynia

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Thu Feb 17 21:35:14 PST 2005

Diethelm,

Your original message in German and an English translation (below) is being
sent to our listserve and perhaps one of our members can help you.

Also, someone from our membership committee will contact you very soon.

Dick Stein

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am writing a family chronicle and I wish to get my data accurate. My family
came from Gottliebsdorf, Volhynia and moved to Prussia at around 1910. They
settled in a town near Gumbinnen.

Grandfather Karl Friedrich Schwanke, born Mar 30, 1877 in Moskofka and
baptised Apr 18, 1877. Died on May 25, 1950 in Dortmund, Germany.

His wife was Johanna Minuth born Jan 21, 1884 in Alexdraka? died on Mar 5,
1948 in Dortmund.
At around 1906 a brother Heinrich Schwanke came from the US and wanted to
bring the family back to the US. He apparently was murdered In Gottliebsdorf.
The family was very heartstruck by this. His body was never found.

I would like to become a member of SGGEE and I would like to send my data. I
offer my services. I can only correspond in German. You can write me in
English.

I will be very grateful to hear from you.
With friendly greetings,
Diethelm Schwanke