[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wilyanski, Milienian??

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Fri Jun 24 15:56:33 PDT 2005

Rhonda:
I too have been pondering on the possible answer to your query, and might
throw out a couple of suggestions but I'm not sure that any of these are a
good fit. In the Dec. 1990 issue of the Wandering Volhynians I published a
list of the rarer Volhynien Villages. This list was originally published by
Walter Kuhn. In the list he mentions a village located in the Kostopol
district called Melanienwald; could this have been shortened to Melanien? As
well in the Radomysl district there was a Wilhelmwalde; could this have been
also known as Wilyanski? Next to Malin was a village known as Malindorf,
also known as Malinowka; neither of these sound close enough to your
village.
To further add to the confusing I was thinking that Milienian could possibly
be Wolhynian as it sounds very similar,  and as a German speaker would
pronounce it. Could Wilyanski be Wolhyski? In that case it could possibly
be Wladimir Wolhynski or Novograd Wolhynski.
And a last idea, was whether Milienian might possible be interpreted as the
village of Marianin, situated North North-west of Novograd Volhynski.
Some ideas to consider.
Howard Krushel