[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name lists from former German settlements

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Tue May 31 21:02:55 PDT 2005

There was discussion earlier today about name lists from settlements in
Poland. It's important to note that these lists are valuable no matter what
area is covered, and no matter how much information is included (although
obviously, the more information, the better). In some cases, your
information might provide a valuable lead to someone else.

Several years ago I posted on my website surname lists for six villages
northwest of Zhitomir:

http://www.genealogyunlimited.com/daveobee/volhynia.html

The lists have just bare-bones information -- yet every couple of months,
someone with an interest in those names contacts me. And slowly, we are
building better family trees.

Dave Obee