[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schmidt of Rozyszcze Parish

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 6 17:42:05 PDT 2005

At 03:32 PM 06/09/2005, Marlene Dopp wrote:
>I have a marriage record of Gottlieg Schmidt and Christina Gering
>(dau of Jacob and Friedericke ?), 18 Apr. 1872 (FHL film 2380026)
>from Rozyszcze Parish.  They had a son John Ferdinand born 31 May
>1879 born somewhere in Volhynia, but doesn't seem to be the same
>parish.  Does anyone have any suggestions where I might look
>next?  I can only assume they moved on.  That family left Volhynia
>to emigrate to Sauk County Wisconsisn in 1890.
>
>Marlene K Dopp

Can you tell us a bit about your search process.  Using the St. Pete
files, I found the marriage but I don't see them having any children,
at least not as baptized in the Lutheran Church.  What is the source
of your birth info?  How do you know it is not in the same
parish?  Could the family have converted to Baptist or perhaps
Moravian Bretheren?

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca