[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Merging and changing to Legacy

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Wed Nov 8 12:36:25 PST 2006

Now that we are on a thread regarding Legacy, here is my dilemma.

Many, many years ago, I began my family record with Family Tree Maker.
For some obscure reason, long forgotten, I set up separate files for my Maternal and Paternal family chains. As with most Volhynian families, I soon discovered that there was a lot of inter marriage.
So now, I have to files with duplicate and somewhat different attached notes on many individuals that I recorded in both folders.

I now intend to change over to Legacy. Do you think I should attempt my file merger with FTW before or would it go smoother with Legacy ?

I did not indicate or bother with source information when entering data on individuals.

Procedural suggestions to accomplish all this would be most welcome

lloyd friedrick  in Victoria on Vancouver's Island