[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zelmer(Zellmer) Ancestry

Allan Zelmer alzee at mts.net
Sun Nov 12 15:04:08 PST 2006

Hello Listers;
Over the past several years I have received much valuable help from SGGEE list members, Gerry Frank, John Marsch, Al Muth, relatives, friends and various translators in tracing my Zelmer ancestry.  Having started from nothing, my database has been largely expanded thanks to the above folks and to films available at the FHC.
But now, I seem to have come to a stop and at the urging of a friend, have decided to again appeal to the list members for further assistance.
Here is what I know:

1)The patriarch of the family is Gottlieb Zelmer.  He was born about 1790 to 1800 presumably in Western Poland, but  also quite possibly in Germany.  He married Rosina Dorothea Göering, again presumably of similar birth date and location.
2)I know of 2 children from this marriage but I suspect there were more.  The two I know of are Krystyan Zelmer and Anna Dorothea Zelmer.
3)Anna Dorothea Zelmer was born in Lazinska Poland about 1826 in Lazinska, Poznan, Poland and she died on Oct. 29, 1845 in Zagorow, Poz. Poland.  She was the second wife of Gottfried Schulz.  His birth date was app. 1811 in Konary, Poz. Poland.  His first wife was Dorothea Elizabeth Pade. I know of no children associated with the marriage of Anna Dor. Zelmer and Gottfried Schulz.
4)The second child, Krystyan Zelmer was born about 1819 in Lyczyn, Pol. and died there May 17, 1870.  He had married Maria Krueger also from Lyczyn.  This data was provided by Al Muth from LDS film 1191424.  What is interesting is that the Church death record states that "he left his widow Maria, born Krieger and six children.  While there were evidently 6 children, I know of only two: August Zelmer and Friedrich Wilhelm Zelmer.
5)August Zelmer was born about 1842 in Lazinska, Poz., Pol. and he married Luise Mantik on Oct. 29, 1865 in Stawiszyn, Pol.  No known children.
6)Friedrich Wilhelm Z. was born Jun. 29, 1848 in Trabczyn, Pol. and Died in 1931.  He married Ernestine Schulz on Jan. 23, 1870.  She was born Oct.4,1850 and died in 1930.They had 11 children: