[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Slornko

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 13 14:15:37 PST 2006

At 08:56 AM 12/11/2006, Carol Hunter wrote:
>Upon checking Ancestry, I found a family that came from Slornko. Might
>someone know where this is located, or is it a misspelling? Look forward to
>your reply.
>C.Hunter

My best guess is that this should be an m instead of an r and an
n.  That would make it Slomko or more correctly, Solomka also known
as Friedrichsdorf.  It is located a short distance NNW of Rowno.

As Dave indicated, if you can provide more background details, we may
be able to help more.  For example, my maternal HEMMINGER family was
from Solomka and there may be a connection.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca