[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11

Joe Pessarra joepessarra at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 13:19:28 PDT 2006

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:53:54 -0700
From: "Lloyd Friedrick" <lloydfriedrick at telus.net>
Subject: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Time Line History
To: <ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org>

I am writing my family history in a time line form, and I would like to introduce each year with a paragraph on world and Canada conditions. For example, 1918 was the end of WW I and a great flu epidemic spread across many countries.

It seems that all my Internet searches do not provide what I am seeking. Many sites are heavily weighted with USA history and many others simply list famous deaths and births.
One site [mid 1800] lists over a hundred battles in the world. Many others do not mention Canada.

Has anyone on this listserve attempted a similar endeavour ?

I would appreciate any suggestions or URL sites that may help me.

lloyd friedrick

Have not done this myself, but here are some sites to look at.

http://web.ubc.ca/okanagan/creative/links/his_home.html

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/timeline/100events_frame.html

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001196.html

Joe in Texas