[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] karl samuel FRISKE and amelia GEISLER

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Apr 14 10:13:30 PDT 2007

Hi Pat.

Couple of comments on your posting.  First of all, to clarify, in the
time frame of our ancestral interest, Volhynia was only part of
Poland between the two World Wars.  It was part of Russia prior to that.

Autemfha is definitely a badly spelled rendition of the place
name.  What is your source?  It might be Antonufka but I would like
to see the original before saying for sure.  If it is Antonufka /
Antonuwka, you are in trouble without any additional frame of
reference.  This is one of the most common place names in Volhynia
and Russian Poland with dozens and dozens of possibilities.

In the Odessa database, there is a Wilhelm Friske born to Andreas F.
and Caroline Sonnenberg at Antonuwka in Volhynia.  Perhaps this is a
brother to your Karl.  More info about siblings could be helpful in
your search.

A birth date (or approximate year) for Amelia would also be
helpful.  An Amelia Geisler is born at Johannisdorf in
1873.  Johannisdorf is the picture currently appearing on the SGGEE homepage.

Techudnow should be Tschudnow.  It is located about 44 km WSW of Zhitomir.

I think membership in SGGEE would definitely be of benefit to you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca