[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town of Tzubela

Kyle Sattler kylesattler at sasktel.net
Thu Aug 23 15:41:01 PDT 2007

I have been translating a Polish marriage record from the Babiak parish
for the marriage of Andreas Weidmann and Wilhelmine Kruger.  The record
states that Andreas is a farmer in Gorki.  It also says that he was born
in "Tzubela pod Grabowom".  I translate this to mean Tzubela below
Grabow, meaning a small town underneath the larger center of Grabow.  I
find several listings of Grabow(e)(o) near Gorki.  However, I can't find
a Tzubela.  The closest I can guess is Tobolka?  I am not sure of the
Polish language and the pronunciation so maybe this is a possibility?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kyle Sattler
Milestone, SK