[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Saint Szczepan-Saint Stephan

Marlo50 Marlo50 at bex.net
Fri Feb 2 15:48:12 PST 2007

Otto, now you bought up a thought.  My family history has a name Schwochow
and I don't know where they came from except Pommern.  You say the Germans
added an "ow"
to sound more Prussian.  Can there be a name Schwoch and would it be German?
And do you know when this was done?  I have an Andreas Michael Schwochow who
was born in 1813 perhaps in Kreis Rummelsburg.
Any help?      Margaret