[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Note to Galician Researchers...

Chris Menke prussialives at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 12:49:23 PST 2007

Hello All,

  If you are interested in researching Galician ancestors, but hesitated joining this web site because of the focus on Volhynia and Rus-German-Poland, hesitate no more. In the last few days I have turned my attention to my great-grandmother's side of the family (Wilhelmine Menke nee SCHAPPERT), and have a copy of her birth certificate with her parent's names, and their parent's names and villages.
  With that information I went to the SGGEE database under RESEARCH tab, #8. GALICIA - INDEX OF INHABITANTS, and there are literally THOUSANDS of names in there with villages, birth, marriage, and death records. I found exact people I am looking for as well as dozens (hundreds?) of probable relatives.
  Bottom line - even if your primary interest is Galicia, just that database is worth membership.
  Chris Menke

Researching Menke / Manke, Brandt, Knorr
  in Prussia, German-Poland, Russian-Poland, Volhynia

  Researching Schappert (Schuppert), Ernst, Kullmann, Weiss
  in Galicia and Bukovina