[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kaminski - Koberstein

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Mon Feb 19 10:56:27 PST 2007

We have certainly had a lot of comment on the Kaminski name so I thought I would add my query to this thread of messages.

My great grandmother [married to Friedrich Hartmann] name appears in some records as
Caroline KUPFERSTEIN family anecdotal story mentions the name variance as Koberstein

St Peters records indicate that their first two of their children,  Konrad and Julian,  children were registered with the surname of Friedrich. Other records show that Hartman had reversed his name.
Again, our anecdotal history mentions that  name reversal was due to the fact that Hartmann and Kuperstein [Koberstein] were Jewish names, hence the desire to change the family name to Friedrich.

lloyd friedrick