[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The name Matschulat

Linda K Bowen lindakbowen at cox.net
Tue Feb 20 12:46:10 PST 2007

The St Petersburg marriage records for  Heimthal, 1885 list my great grandfather's marriage record, August Bloch to Emilie Matschulat . The writing is very  clear.  Family history says her first marriage was to a  Matschula.
This seems like a very unusual name for this area.   I have found one entry in Heimthal  for  a Samuel Michalek and one for Rosalie Michaelis. I think these may be the same name. Does anyone have any insight into the name?  I'm wondering if this is the Phoenetic equvalent of a Polish name? Her maiden name was Stebner.
  Also, does anyone know if I can get this marriage record from the Archives in Warsaw?