[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lange/Schindler/Gurel/Pries/Pudel Families from Scheple

Gary Gomes ggomes at soundviewnet.com
Fri Feb 23 10:12:41 PST 2007

My family migrated to Russia Poland/Volyhnia to Ebenezer, SK in the 1890's.
For several years I have been at a dead end, lacking insight into the
specific location of their emigration.

I have only recently found and viewed the actual Hamburg ship records for
some of the family and would appreciate suggestions further research

One group departed Hamburg October 10, 1890 on the Hansa.  This group that
was identified as from "SCHLEPE, RUSSLAND" included my Great grandparents
Christian and Teofila Lange and their eldest children Edmunda and Edmund.
They were accompanied by Christian's brother-in-law Daniel Schindler and two
of his children Salame and Benjamin.

The remaining Schindler family (Julia and daughter Wanda) followed March 9,
1891 on the Huddersfield.  Their residence, however, was listed as
"LUDWISCHKIN", Russland.

The other record I have found was for another Schindler daughter, Christine
Pudel (widowed) and her son Johnan Pudel who migrated July 6, 1910 on the
City of Leeds.  Their residence was listed as "LUCKI".

The Pries' migrated in the 1903 - 1908 timeframe, but I cannot locate
records.  The Gurel's migrated before 1900.

I have found reference to a "SCHELPE" indicating it was near "ROZYSZCZE"
which I find on maps outside the city of LUCK.  I have not yet been able to
identify "LUDWISCHKIN".

Help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Gary Gomes