[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lange/Schindler/Gurel/Pries/Pudel Familiesfrom Scheple

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Fri Feb 23 11:58:02 PST 2007

Gary,

>From the clues you give, it appears that your people lived in the western
part of Volhynia.  Have you checked the St. Petersburg Archive records for
1885 and earlier at http://www.odessa3.org/search.html  ?  Just enter the
surname you are searching and select the St. Petersburg Archives category.
All the surnames you mention show up.  For example there is the marriage of
August Pudel / Christine Schindler on 9 Feb 1878 in Rozyszcze Lutheran
parish and the birth of children Carl 1878, Louise 1880, Christian 1881 (he
died in 1882), and Wilhelm 1882.

Also some post-1885 records for Rozyszcze parish are available on LDS
microfilms - see the SGGEE website for a listing.  They also have full
marriage records in contrast to St. Petersburg which list only the names.

Hope this helps.

Dick Stein