[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ceckin Germany

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 23 12:18:24 PST 2007

Obviously I cannot offer a guarantee that this is the correct place without some other evidence.  However, a good possibility is Cekcin / Cekzin / Seehaupten located in West Prussia (today Poland).  Search for it at http://www.kartenmeister.com for more details.  Or use http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp which will lead you to a map that shows it.

The nearest parish centre is probably Tuchel / Tuchola.

This also seems like a good fit because of the Slavic sounding Nowasky surname which is more likely to appear in Prussia regions rather than other parts of Germany.

I'm not sure what type of marriage certificate you have.  Most that I have seen would also include some reference to a parish or province as well as the village.  If you'd like to send a scan of it to me privately, I will see if there is more info on it.

Jerry Frank