[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] RES: Help with a marriage register

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 4 21:29:20 PST 2007

Unfortunately, there are many Janow in Poland,
several dozen in fact.  The one you are looking
for would be in the Piotrkow province in the
vicinity of Piotrkow Trybunalskie.

There are two possibilities with the most likely
being located about 16 km NE of that city at about N51/28 E19/54.

The other is about 30 km SE of the city at about N51/17 E20/04.

The bad news in any case is that very few records
for this parish exist.  You can find the list of
years at http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca