[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The value of your roll call postings

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 15:19:50 PST 2007

I would like to emphasize what Jerry is saying here. WHEN I submit a roll call, I don't expect anyone to immediately respond (although that would be nice). I would be looking for having my research interests out there in a format that Google and other search engines can find. I'm still hoping down the road, maybe many years from now, some descendant of a relative from a family I can't track down since WW II will find my post and contact me.

  Although he did not intend it for this purpose, my mom's 2nd cousin (someone my mother never knew about) posted messages on wolhynien.de and a Google search I did revealed his research interest in these postings. Making connections with lost/forgotten relatives proves valuable for remaking contacts (even after many generations) and filling in gaps in your own pedigree by comparing notes with each other.

Jerry Frank <GPVListAdmin at sggee.org> wrote:
  For those that have not received a response, do not despair. There
is still value in your posting. All of the mailing list postings are
archived and become fully searchable by engines such as GOOGLE. It
may take a year, or two, or three, or more but some time in the
future, some distant family member will find you as a result of your
posting and his GOOGLE search.