[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The value of your roll call postings

Worth Anderson worth_a at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 22:21:20 PST 2007

Here's a timely true-life story: In 1963, my aunt
received a letter from a Canadian man.  The letter
stated he had learned from the precursor to today's
Family History Center that the name Molzahn appeared
on her pedigree chart.  He went on to outline his own
Molzahn descent.

My aunt wrote back, stating that nothing was then
known about our Molzahn line but that, "I have filed
your letter and will watch for any information that
may come my way concerning your Molzahn line.
Wouldn't it be a coincidence if they do run together?"

Well, it turns out they do.  The letter-writer and my
aunt were fourth cousins.  Unfortunately, the original
letter-writer died in 2000, but I think I've tracked
down one of his sons, and have sent him an e-mail.
So, these postings can prove useful, even half a
century later.

Worth