[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Romansdorf

William Remus remus at hawaii.edu
Mon Jan 22 14:48:46 PST 2007

> > I had many relatives who were born and died in Romansdorf (Doliwa), Kiev
> Parish later Radomyschl Parish. However, in numerous EWZ records I see
> references of being born in Romansdorf, Shitomir. Also in Pastor
> Samuel Lemke's baptismal records, I see many entries for baptism in
> Romansdorf, Shitomir. Can anyone out there enlighten me regarding
> this variation?

For those unfamiliar with Romansdorf, you can find Harold and my ancestor's there from 1855 onward. To see our village go to

http://www.cba.hawaii.edu/remus/genes/volhynia/romansdorf.htm

Family names there include Quast, Hoffmann, Lehmann, Spitzer, Minge, Henkel, Krassin, Kurtz, Radkes, and more listed at the end of this message.

This village was served by the pastors out of Kiev rather than the pastors out of Zhitomir. So the church books are not part of the current St Petersburg website data. But they are available on microfilm from the Mormons from the 1830's onward with just a few missing years.

The EWZ files contain records of those who remained there until the 1930's including Harold's Quasts and my Hofmanns. In 1933 the communists arrived and took all the food from the village following harvest. Many starved to death. In 1937 the communists arrived and shot all the men. They later gathered the Germans in the area at Romansdorf and shipped them off to Siberia. Some returned following the war but most did not.

So the EWZ documents many of the above sad events. Be glad your people got out earlier.

All that in preface to Harold's question: I dont know why the German records say Romansdorf, Shitomir unless it reflected their administrative borders rather than the parish borders.

Regards Bill Remus

More names

Gottlieb Fietz family and the Johan Fietz family; the latter family immigrated to Gilett, Arkansas.

Georg Gitzel family and Johan Gitzel family.

Gottlieb Glaser family.

Gottlieb Henkel family and three! Martin Henkel families (click Martin Henkel, Martin Henkel or Martin Henkel for details).

Christoph Jesswein family and Johan Jesswein family.

Gottlieb Klukas family.

Carl Lenz family.

Gottlieb Luning family (also spelled Lunning and Liening).

Friedrich Neumann family.

Christian Quast family, Gottfried Quast family and Gottlieb Quast family.

Gottlieb Reiman Family Tree (Gottlieb Reiman Family Outline).

Martin Reschke family.

Friedrich Rosentreter family and Jacob Rosentreter family.

August Rudlaff Family Tree (August Rudlaff Family Outline). (They immigrated to Berrien County, Michigan). The Rudlaff family was originally from Alt Colziglow in Kries Rummelsburg in Pommerania.

Christoph Wegner family and Johan Wegner family.

Friedrich Weich family.

Gottlieb Wittlief family and Micheal Wittlief family.