[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Look for MANTEI / MANTEY family member from Volhynia

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Wed Mar 28 09:58:57 PDT 2007

Ansgar,

You might start by looking in the free section of our website at the
St.Petersburg birth, marriage and death data files that have data up to
and including 1885.   You can find them as the first three databases at

http://www.sggee.org/databases

Similar data is also available on the Odessa3 site, but we think our
method of presentation groups families better.

Concerning the other names at the bottom of your email, we have the
following number of such names in our Master Pedigree database- a fully
integrated file that links records together.   We cannot share that much
data with the general public, but it is all available to our members, so
you might want to consider joining SGGEE for at least one year.  There
are no guarantees that we will be able to add any new data to your
family file, but I believe the fact that most of our members renew their
membership every year is a good indication that we generally are able to
provide significant new data to our members.

Occurences of surnames in Master Pedigree database

Mantei or Manthei- 1221
Sperber- 59
Jess- 874
Markwart- 494
Buss- 1036
Henkel- 393
Bulmann or Bullmann- 20
Schinkel- 297
Kwirant- 299
Apalkow- 0 [ this is an unusual name, and not found in the German white
pages]

Gary Warner
SGGEE