[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Emilie Richert, Lublin area

Barb Nakahara nakswater at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 9 17:11:47 PST 2007

Dear listers

            I am looking for information on my grandmother Emlie Richert
married to Ludwik Treichel. I have a resettlement record for the family of
Ludwik Treichel, on which she is listed a  Emelia Treichel born Rechert,
daughter of Wilhelm, and Karolina Lucht, born 18 December 1874 in Ludwiki,
gm Cycow.  Oral history lists Karolina Locht as Emilie's step mother as
opposed to birth mother.  Emilie and Ludwik's children were all born in
Chelm province, starting with the oldest in March 1897. I have searched
Lublin parish records but did not find an Emilie Richert born in 1874.
Where should I look for a record of her birth or marriage?

            In September 1939 the family was living in Lowcza, Chelm.  When
the German army came through all the buildings on the Treichel farm were
burned down.  Emilie who was crippled was carried from the burning house  to
an underground bunker where she died. Family members who remember that day
seem to think that she was given a hasty burial right there, however the
neighbors who shared that bunker are of the opinion that order was restored
quickly and that she would have been given a proper burial, possibly at a
small Luthern cemetery south of nearby Piaski. If there is any record of
this death, where should I look for it??

Barbara Nakahara