[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Nicolofew x Nicolajew

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 29 07:57:51 PDT 2007

I mean to say that Nicolajew could be Nicolajewka.  It is not certain
they are the same but in some documents, even on some maps, the "ka"
is dropped from a place name with no reason.  So, it is not
guaranteed to be equivalent but it is possible.

There are 4 Nikolajewka on my map - note the "k" instead of the
"c".  One of them is about 30 km west of Faustindorf.

If you found reference to Nikolajew in the Volhynian births, it would
not be the one near Odessa.

Jerry

FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca