[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Steinbring and Zobel from Grodziec ev.

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Thu Aug 21 13:05:59 PDT 2008

Again regarding Grodziec Luth.:
While studying the church records for the Müller/Kurtz/Janott family, I
more or less accidentally ran into a few entries on other ancestors of
mine, that I had not expected there:

According to their son's mariage record (Andreas STEINBRING, 1850/32), my ancestors Michael
STEINBRING and his wife Christina née COBEL / ZOBEL lived in Orliny
in 1850. This means that they probably died there between 1850 and 1866.
Let's see if I can find the two death records or if I will again become a
victim of the big gaps in the Grodziec church records!
Until at least 1838 the above mentioned couple lived in Xawerow near
Leczyca.

In Grodziec I also found Michael Zobel's death record (1843/172). He was 93
years old and lived in Orliny.  His wife Anna Marianne was still alive at the time. Unfortunately, I cannot read her last name, perhaps it was Arndt. When and where did she die?
They had the following children: Mateusz(,) Fryderyk, Rozalia Retzlaff and Krystyna Steinbring.

Any additional information on the STEINBRING and ZOBEL families is very
welcome.

Michael