[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hildebrandt family name

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Aug 25 09:31:45 PDT 2008

Erwin,

Do you  know the names of the parents of Friedrich Hildebrandt?   Do you
know the names of any siblings?  What year was your grandfather born?

I looked for Hildebrand or Hildebrandt names in Volhynia (the St.
Petersburg birth records at http://www.sggee.org/StPeteBirth

In the search of the birth records, there are 6 Hildebrand names in
Korist, and there are also 6 Friedrich Hildebrand names in the same
records, none of them in Korist, but none of the Friedrich Hildebrand
records are for the same mother as the Hildebrand names in Korist.   If
your grandfather was born after 1885, then it is he will not show up in
the St. Petersburg records, as those later records are not yet part of
the original filming of that area.   I am not sure if Korist is part of
the later filming that was done for western Volhynia, so someone else
will have to say if it might be in those films that we have not yet indexed.

I will attach screen captures of the search findings that you will
receive, but which will not be received by anyone else on the mail list.

In addition to the above, we have a Friedrich Hildebrand, born in 1896
in Korist, son of Ludwig Hildebrand and Luise Klingbeil.   If that is
your grandfather, then John Marsch will be your point of contact, and he
is on this list.

Gary Warner
SGGEE