[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Warsaw records 1860s

Robin Grube robinquilter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 00:03:46 PST 2008

Hello list members:
I have been researching my German ancestors from the former Austro-Hungarian
Empire and I thought the experience I gained would help me now that I am
searching for more information on another German line from Poland/Russia.
Not so! I feel like a beginner again, but can someone tell me if Germans in
Warsaw ( probably Lutheran) used one or several churches, did they live in
mixed neighborhoods, or by themselves in the 1860s? My greatgrandfather came
to the US in 1892 with wife and new baby, from Kiev. I don't know how long
he had lived there, but he listed on official documents that he was born in
Warsaw.
HAAK, Karl * 26.11.1863
Were there Ortsippenbuchs or other German records from this area? Are Family
History Library microfilmed church records available? Thanks for any ideas
of paths to pursue. Robin Haak Grube