[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Warsaw records 1860s

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 14 07:45:50 PST 2008

Robin,

Your search will be complicated by the fact that the reference to
Warsaw (depending on the source of your information) could be to the
city, diocese, or province.  If the latter two, you could end up
looking at quite a large number of different Lutheran Parishes.  Have
you looked at records for Kiev parish to see what other info might be
available for the family?  The data stops in 1885 but you could find
info about Karl's siblings if you know them.  To view the records on
line, go to http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch , click on
Asia, and then on Russian Lutheran Church Books.

There are no convenient Ortssippenbuch for Poland.  Really old church
records might be in German but more typically they are in Polish
before 1867 and Russian Cyrillic after that.

A list of microfilms for the Warsaw parish itself can be found at
http://www.sggee.org/church_parishes/LutheransInRusPoland

In place of the Ortssippenbuch, we do have our SGGEE database
extractions available to members only but your Karl is not found
there yet.  However, I am not sure if anyone has been working on
extraction of the Warsaw Parish records.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca