[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] getting int family history with a bang

Gilbert A Stelter gstelter at uoguelph.ca
Wed Dec 17 09:55:39 PST 2008

Hi all, and especially Al Muth, Jerry Frank and Sandra Stelter.

I belong to several email lists but I have never encountered such an enthusiastic and helpful group as this one. One message from me has elicited a flood of useful information and contacts. I have found a cousin, whose wife, Sandra Stelter, is a real authority on her husband's family background. Al Muth has sent some really interesting primary sources and I'm impressed that he is able to make something out of those 19th century record keeper's scrawls. I've read a number of Jerry Frank's articles and they are some of the best literature available on the subject of German migrations.

So thanks to you all for the great beginning. Your information has raised a bunch of new questions and I will be asking for help in the coming weeks and months.

Regards,

Gil Stelter