[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Schindel/Schendel - Ljuschitza-Radom

Hannes Werner Hannes.Werner at online.de
Fri Sep 5 23:26:15 PDT 2008

Hello Nadine and Jerry,

I would absolutely agree with Jerry's information.
I think the correct spelling ist LUSZYCA, a location east of Polaniec.
Next great town is Staszow.
And that was a small town with a worth mentioning german/prussian population
south af Radom.

I remember another family-searcher who would have more information about
this region.
I tried to contact him, but he didn't answer.
I'm interested myself because he could have info on my Schielke-ancestors.

There is connection with the former area of West-Galizien, part of Austria,
during the "polish partitions "
end of 18th - beginning of 19 th century.

For some more information tray this website:
http://www.galiziengermandescendants.org/BDC_Files/index.htm

and search for Schendel or Schindel in the alphabetical index.

And there is another link to search for your ancestors. I published the
title of a book some weeks ago, it's called:
Kolonisationswerk Joseph II.
Maybe there is some more information on your Gottfried Schi(e)ndel
and his origin !

Best wishes to all family-searchers

Hannes Werner
Germany