[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German settlement in Orel province, Russia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 7 07:51:31 PST 2009

This part of Russia is a bit of a black hole, genealogically speaking.  I have seen a few requests over the years for help with this region.  In fact, just today, on one of the Ancestry Bulletin Boards there was a request for Hildebrand and Heideberg from Brjansk which is a short distance west of Orel.  Still others I have seen are from not far SW of Orel just inside Ukraine.

It would be nice to hear from anyone who knows a bit about the German settlements in this region or to find someone interested enough in doing more digging for info there.

Jerry Frank