[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 72, Issue 32

PGYOSH at aol.com PGYOSH at aol.com
Tue May 19 06:10:19 PDT 2009

My grandfather also was drafted to serve in the Russian army in the late
1880s into the 1890s.  He was from a small town near Sompolno in what  is now
Poland. He served as a horsehandler and left a map on which he marked
their route. After he got out, he found his wife had died so he married her
younger sister (my grandmother). They heard the Russians would come back so
most  of the extended family left to come to the United States at the end of
the  1890s. I'm sure there must have been other reasons for leaving though.

Phyllis Yoshida
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823248x1201398651/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
Excfooter51609NO62)