[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Balkau, Krüger, Machel, Müller, Behrend, Mejer and Sokolowski in Marianowo in the Pultusk area near river Narew

Birgit Birgit.jenning at web.de
Thu Nov 5 05:01:46 PST 2009

Dear members,

please excuse my poor English!

My ancestors were German farmers in Poland near the river Narew and the
Russian border - 65 kilometres NNE from Warsaw. They lived there in
Marianowo and some other small german settlements(all founded around
1840)in the area of Pultusk and had their own evang.-augsburg. confession,
school and church. Many years ago the came from - may be - Mecklenburg or
Holstein - to have a better easier life in Poland. When - I don`t know.
Where can I get informations from where my family comes from? The births
registration in the evang.-luth. church of Pultusk starts at 1843. Where
can I find older informations?

I`m looking for two family members:
1.August Krüger, the father of my grandfather, born in 1870 in Marianowo,
Poland, immigrated to USA between 1904 and 1914 via ship. He was married
in Poland and had two little children. We don`t know anything about his
trip(ship name, harbour...). He died in the USA before 1945.

2.An aunt maiden name was Balkau, also born in Poland. She immigrated to
Northern America too but later I think (before 1944). She was searched in
the USA unsuccesfully. Now I think, that she could also had lived in
Kanada.

Thank you so much!
Regards. Birgit