[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EWZ

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 13 05:40:10 PST 2009

Dave's website on EWZ does a great job describing what these records and where you can find them. There are several places online that has different sets of data from EWZ.

1) The Odessa Digital Library has almost the entire EWZ50 collection included in their database. Since you are an SGGEE member you can look at my article in the September 2008 issue to see how to use that database search tool effectively.

2) Galiziengermandescdants has a database of around 40,000-50,000 names taken from EWZ. Those names come from many different places so it is hard to predict who might be in there. They probably center chiefly on Galicia but many other names elsewhere are found.
http://www.galiziengermandescendants.org/

3) The SGGEE MPD right now has around 12,000 names from the Lublin region in it. Those would show up with the source as SGGEE008r4. Sometime in the future this will be increased to around 25,000 names. So if you are interested in the Lublin region you are in luck and should probably be talking with me.
Karl