[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Brachmann, Schneider alberta Canada

David Brackman brackman at telus.net
Mon Jan 4 17:05:32 PST 2010

Hello List, I have read with interest many family stories such as mine:  My Grandfather, Erich Brachmann was born in Freidland Mecklenburg in 1880 he came to Calgary Canada around 1900.  after he arrived he met and married Julia Schneider, she was from one of the German colonies near Oddessa in Russia.  We know very little of her family history.  We do know that Erich had a sister in Germany.
Erich changed the spelling of his surname to Brackman shortly after he arrived to make it sound less German. Erich and Julia had 5 children, Erich died in Calgary Alberta in 1918.  If anyone has any knowledge or connections would love to hear.

many thanks

David Brackman